Summer Intern – Vineyard Boise Church for RE:FORM Ministry, Creation Care &
Spend your summer working with the RE:FORM ministry of Vineyard Boise Church on environmental projects. Learn new skills, network with ministries and organizations and put your education to work. The Vineyard Boise is looking for qualified students and young adults who want to work on environmental projects from a Christian perspective at our church for 8-10 weeks.
* The intern will help develop the RE:FORM online news magazine through writing articles and interviewing leaders in the environmental field OR human trafficking/social justice field.
* The intern will help identify organizations that churches can connect with to provide resources and equipping to start an environmental ministry through networking OR help churches get involved in combating human trafficking.
* The intern will have hands-on experience working with the Vineyard Boise’s naturally grown community garden that helps feed the poor in the Boise area OR work with our Love Justice ministry in the training and development of materials for teaching on social justice issues.
* The (environment) intern may work with the grounds crew at the church to develop guidelines and educational material for creating sustainable church ground.
* The intern will also help planning for the RE:FORM conference in Baltimore held in September 2009.
* The intern may also work with teachers from the Vineyard Boise’s School of Social & Environmental Impact to develop curriculum, plan activities and collaborate with the “Be Outside” network locally.
The successful candidate should have good communication skills, an interest or background in environmental issues, an active and curious mind, and a working knowledge of computer skills.
There is no compensation for this internship; however, the Vineyard Boise will provide host homes for interns.
If you have any questions about the position, please call Jason Chatraw, Creation Care, Western Region Director, at 208-377-1477 or email@example.com.
Deadline for Applications:
April 30, 2009 or until suitable candidates are selected. We are looking for 4-6 interns, with 2-3 working in each area.
Early applications are encouraged.
If you’re interested in this great opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and application to the address below.
Make sure that your resume highlights your relevant skills.
Send completed application material to:
Vineyard Boise Church
4950 N. Bradley
Boise, ID 83714
Note: This general job description reflects the job duties, knowledge and skills typically needed for this type of position. It is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned to the position to facilitate a productive working environment.
Forms and Application Materials
Download an application here.